Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas totally relates to the New Year.


Many know, Christmas is a celebration celebrated by Christians, acknowledging and rejoicing the coming of Jesus. But through the 18 years of my life, there is a hierarchy of meanings to the 25th of December.

The core meaning of Christmas is to be thankful that He, the son of God was born, saving many and fixing whats right from wrong. However, Im not just talking about religious factors only.

Another meaning of Christmas is to get people together, especially families. I recently read Niki Cheong's blog post titled, "A Christmas wish from the Bangsar Boy". He said,






My family celebrates Christmas although we are not Christians. My dad never really told us but I have always suspected that he and mum came up with these traditions for the family to keep us together … to make sure that no matter where we are, and what we are doing, we’ll always come back.


It's so true. Throughout the year, many are busy studying or working far from their homes. The digital media is used for communication. Though there is communication, we still lose the satisfaction of really being there, together. The public holiday has made most people off from work, allowing time for them to get into their reunion suits and give cheers with a cup of wine.

Niki also reminded me that Christmas is also a sign that the year is about to end, reflect, and make a better year after. To him, 2009 was a year of discovery, 2010, a year of action and 2011 will be the year of learning.

To me, 2011 will be year of change. In 2010, there were a lot of things that I have learn and realised. For example, the Game of Death organised by The Star Publications, R.AGE, was an event where I pushed myself more than limits I ever knew. My mom always used to say, don't force yourself if you can't, or don't make yourself faint. The thing is, I think I haven't fainted in my whole life. I have never walked or do something that leads to me falling flat to the ground. I totally did not know what my limits were, and at which point could I faint. But thanks to the deathly games, I discovered my true self. During that event, I have never pushed myself that far before. I went across the limit that I thought I had, and now, I'm still breathing after breaking my limit gauge. It gave me a thought that I can just do anything. And with that, it will be a time of change, the year 2011.


Besides getting ready for the new year, Christmas is also the time to take give.The tradition of exchanging gifts has been going on for years and is another sign of celebration. It is an act of love, like when God sent his only Son to Earth, it was like giving a gift.

There are many more meanings to Christmas because each person in this world are made different with different mindsets.

What is yours? What does Christmas mean to you? Do drop a comment.

Thank you and have a Merry Christmas. =)

Like it? Subscribe to The BOAT or follow me on Twitter @andriantam

No comments: