Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Guangzhou Trip | Pearl River Nightlights | Landmark Hotel

My family stayed in Landmark Hotel which is situated beside the Pearl River in Guangzhou. At night, you can see the whole river lit up and also the buildings along it. Being on the 33rd floor of the hotel and having a nice view of the city and Canton Tower, I decided to take a few long shutter photographs.

My camera was set to a tripod and my 500D has a maximum shutter speed of 30 seconds. At ISO 100, these is one of the products..


By using the original photo, I could zoom digitally all the way to the top of the tower at a fairly good sharpness.. By the way, my hotel ain't near the Canton Tower.. The image was zoomed at about 200mm..

After shopping around Guangzhou the next day, I bought myself a wired shutter remote for about RM 15.. With this tool, I have no more limitations to my long shutter speeds..



Bulb Lock..

With that and my tripod, I did 3 to 5 minute shutters.. This is the result..





Whoops, City Lights went out at about 10.30pm.. Canton Tower goes off at 11pm..

If you can, do go to open rooftops. There is too much light in the city which reflects onto the hotel window..

Besides the good view, I had a good comfy room too..









The Hotel logo reminded me of the animated Jackie Chan Cartoon Series, Jackie Chan Adventures.. Lol..


Anyway, take care.. =)

Like it? Subscribe to The BOAT or follow me on Twitter @andriantam
Im open to comments, do comment.. thx.. =)

1 comment:

Aiman Ariffin said...

I'm loving all ur photos! the city looks amazing! Im sure u had such a great vacation :)