Thursday, August 30, 2012

Reborn!

I couldnt think of any other title but metaphorically, it matches. I have been looking forward to going to university, feeling that its a fresh start to meet new people and improve my life, physically and mentally.

I was offered, accepted and enrolled in "The Malaysian Public Institute of Sarawak" or UNIMAS, which is supposed to mean Universiti Malaysia Sarawak. According to Foursquare, Im about 604 miles away from home. I guess its about time that I live an independent life.



I still cant stop thinking about the people, family and friends, who came today to the airport, and those who wanted to, not forgetting those who called, texted and even facebooked me. Their wishes mean alot to me, especially those who took their time to write a meaningful note/letter.


It was an hour and 45 minute flight from KLIA to Kuching. It wasnt really such a pleasant flight because when we entered the plane, the air conditioning wasnt on, air steward forgotten my ice water request and we had a really rough landing, like BANG! Other than that, their nasi lemak was really good.. :) We took MAS there.

Now Im at Ariva Gateway, renting a 2 room apartment which is great, very fast wifi available, gym facilities, swimming pool and sauna are also available. Room condition is good and its really big so its awesome :)


Were like 3 days earlier than the check in date to university to get used to this place and to buy our necessities before going to uni. We had a 20kg limit for our luggage so we could not bring everything.

Well I know its been very long since I blogged but I hope to keep updating frequently about whats going on here because this site is like my, dear diary..

Images are by Andrew Chan :)
Like it? Subscribe to The BOAT or follow me on Twitter @andriantam
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/TamsUpProductions

No comments: