Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Laying Down the Bricks One by One


Im back in my room after a session with the UNIMAS Debating Society and it was a great session. The seniors who were handling the club were cool people and gave a good introduction and perception about debating. How important is debating to me? Well they asked us to think about what do we expect from joining the club. I thought, it would be important for me to break boundaries, increase my confidence and knowledge. The product, we shall see after a year or two or maybe when i graduate.

After the introduction, we were given the chance to debate. I along with Adrian and Jai, the other public speaker who got 1st place, decided to take the seat of the opposition party. Topic; Superheroes Should Not Wear a Mask. Generally, we were suppose to oppose that topic and I think it went pretty well. I was the Opposition Whip and I think I did a pretty good job, along with the first and second speaker, Adrian and Jai respectively. The other members agreed that the opposition party should win so I guess its a really good start for some of us. I really hope to gain a lot by joining this society, to widen my network and knowledge and to work closely with the other intellectual members too :)

Like it? Subscribe to The BOAT or follow me on Twitter @andriantam
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/TamsUpProductions

No comments: